“Fine art is like fine wine, only experts can make it. Only connoisseurs can appreciate it. And, of course, older is always better . . . right?”
Feeding the Chickens 10 x 10 watercolor
There is nothing that can replace the joy , frustration and awe of painting from life. The influence of color in my work began to flower after the influence of studying with the Russian Master Sergei Bongart. Subject manner varies from, still, figurative, landscape and marine scape.
My favorite? The one that’s working, of course. I have been fortunate to make a living by teaching in my private studio, workshops, selling paintings to the public and through galleries.
Looking back, this is amazing to me now as I was a single mom with four children.
Very grateful to my parents, friends and family for the encouragement and help along the way. It is a blessing!
- Paintings on National tour through the American Watercolor Society (New York) - 2006, 2011, 2012
- Salmagundi Club, New York
- Boston Art Museum, Boston Massachusetts
- Seattle Frye Art Museum, Seattle Washington
- Desert Caballeros West Museum, Wickenburg, Arizona
- Tacoma Art Museum, Tacoma, Washington